Monday, August 2, 2010

Meritorious Promotion: Sgt. Simpson

Today Clayton was meritoriously (deserving reward for excellence, or as Clayton would say "because I'm Shit HOT.") promoted from corporal to Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps. Greyson and I attended the "ceremony" and I was able (and honored) to pin Clayton's Sgt. chevrons on his cammies. I am so proud of Clayton for this achievement - Sgt. in 2 years 8 months. He is making the most of his time in the USMC and I hope that it pays off (in terms of employment) once he gets out of the military next December. I'm incredibly lucky to have a man that I can be proud of...one who goes to work everyday at a job he doesn't necessarily like so that he can take care of his family. Congratulations Clayton! I love you!
Marching up.

Saluting before the promotion warrant is read.

Waiting patiently for the GySgt to call me up.

Taking off the Cpl. chevron.

Time to put on the Sgt. chevrons.
Have to make sure they're put on correctly.

Greyson watching.
Aww.

Pinning on the last chevron.

Congratulations Babylove!

Greyson telling Clayton congratulations.


Clayton's Promotion Warrant


2 comments: